December was busy.....very very busy.Did a lot of good clinical work.But then I always share with you what I do good.This time I will share my disappointments.They are all small disappointments but they are disappointments none the less
- After many years one of my patient had a bad infection in caesarean wound.Don't know wether it was hospital acquired or community acquired as it developed 7 days after discharge.But anyways,it was bad,needed some good antibiotics and resuturing. The stitches are to be removed tomorrow.Will update !!
- During a vaginal delivery of a Lady with occipito posterior baby one of my patient suffered bad para uretheral tear.I was scared for her that external urethral spinchter might have been damaged.But luckily for her the spinchter was intact and she is continent.
- Did a Suction and evacuation for termination of pregnancy of Lady.She complained of painful nipples and it made me suspicious of an incomplete abortion and the ultrasound did confirm an ongoing intrauterine pregnancy.Can happen in 1 in 1000 Terminations.But that Lady is surely shocked.Will complete the procedure tomorrow or day after.
- I did talk of inability to perform difficult Laparoscopic Hysterectomies under GIPSA insurance package.So a Lady presented with 16 weeks size uterus with previous LSCS for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy.Informed her husband that I would not be able to perform this surgery under GIPSA package.Still he wished me to be the surgeon for his wife and said he will make the insurance company pay.At the time of discharge of the lady insurance company paid a paltry sum of 55000.So here started the trouble.Insurance company wants an answer as to why can't such a complicated surgery be done in Rs55000. Did send them the answer.
- Last but not the least.....I can't be omnipresent.A patient of mine was disappointed that I could not reach in time for her delivery.She progressed from 3 cms to 10 cms within 10 to 15 mnts while I was having my dinner.I couldn't finish the dinner and rushed in between but the baby was quicker.He was attended well by Dr Deepa Maheshwari but still.....I know my presence reassures them.